Mother Of The Bride Dresses – Newcastle, NSW
Have your Mum looking her best on your big day with our top reviewed mother of the bride dress designers and providers
First Floor, Suite 2, 40 Harrison Street, Cardiff NSW 2285
Chique Brides stock a beautiful evening wear range perfect for those looking for mother of the bride outfits or even bridesmaid dresses.
Book a one-on-one consultation to let them help your mum or mother in law to find the perfect dress to compliment your bridal party and of course your own beautiful wedding gown, which they can also assist with.
Chique Brides also offer a made-to-measure and alterations service so you will be well looked after with all aspects for your wedding outfits.
Nova Chic Boutique
478 Hunter St, Newcastle NSW 2300
If you’re looking for a stunning mother of the groom or mother of the bride dress, then Nova Chic Boutique stock a full range of mother of the bride outfits in a variety of styles and colours.
With sizes ranging from 8-20+ and new arrivals arriving in store every week, Nova Chic always have the latest looks and plenty of options to suit ever mother and make her look her best on her son or daughters special day.
48 The Boulevarde, Toronto NSW 2283
Saying ‘Yes’ to the bride’s dress is easier than getting the green light on Mother of the Bride dresses! Fret not, Shazzam’s collection of great gowns for the momma is surely going to have everyone nodding in approval.
Choose from the cocktail dress collection from Yes Address or the fun sleeve details on offer from Layla Jones, Jessie Harper and Zaliea. If you want to keep it classy, Shazzam also has some stunning gowns from Romance.
158 Pacific Highway, Charlestown NSW 2290
For elegant Mother of the Bride dresses, pick something from the diverse Gorgeous Gowns collection. Opt for an evening gown with shimmering sequins, elegant lace sleeves or a classy off-shoulder style.
Our sequined picks would be the stunning Ardour Sequins Long Sleeve Maxi or Lucia Off Shoulder Dress from Romance. For a sheer-sleeved floral detailed dress, choose Elle Zeitoune’s Leah Black gown! You’re sure to find something super classy and in line with the rest of the wedding party.
5 Tips For Finding The Perfect Mother Of The Bride Outfit?
- Think about what the bride is wearing. You don’t want to outshine her, after all we all the know the focus should be on the bride and groom, but you will want to choose something appropriate to her style and the vibe of the wedding. Is it going to be a simple, casual wedding in which case you should choose a modest outfit or is it a wedding with all the bells and whistles in which case you can probably choose something a little dressier and have more embellishments?
- Take not of the colour of the bridesmaid dresses. You don’t want to necessarily be matching (although matching in a different style can work) but its good to choose a complimentary colour that will look good in photos and signal your place as part of the bridal party.
- Consider your own personal style. At the end of the day, you need to be comfortable and feel good in the mother of the bride outfit you choose. Are you someone who is fairly casual and wants a simple dress or two-piece skirt and jacket combination? Do you love to dress up and have dreamed of wearing a show-stopping floor length mother of the bride dress? Or are you more comfortable in pants and want to find a pant suit option that still looks amazing? Whatever you choose, remember your style and work with the bride to come up with something that will have you feeling comfortable and keep her happy.
- Keep the wedding venue and season in mind when you choose what to wear. A floor length ball gown might not be the best choice for a casual beach wedding and likewise a winter wedding or one in a church might see you better off in dress with sleeves or looking for a jacket or shawl to go with your outfit. The same advice goes for shoes and these should be carefully considered based on the location. No one likes walking down a sandy beach or soft grass in stilettos.
- Communicate with your counterpart aka the mother of the bride or groom to see what they are wearing. Traditionally the mother of the bride will choose a dress first and let the grooms mother know what colour and style she is wearing so she can choose her own dress accordingly but these days this is less common. None the less, it is nice of you can have a chat with the other mother so you don’t end up in the exact same colour (unless this is what you’re going for) or worse the same dress.